Become a PADI Freediver
FREEDIVING IS ABOUT INWARD POWER, DISCIPLINE AND CONTROL. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver program is your step towards discovering the underwater world in a whole new way. Beginning with the PADI Freediver certification, you will gain the training and discipline needed to stay safe during breath hold dives. Afterwards, you can continue your education and progress to new depths with the PADI Advanced Freediver, Master Freediver and Instructor level courses.
The PADI Freediver
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
• Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver TouchTM (your instructor may conduct class sessions.)
• Confined water session to learn breath hold techniques and static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
• Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet. What will you learn as a PADI Advanced Freediver?
The PADI Advanced Freediver
The PADI Advanced Freediver course consists of three main phases:
• Knowledge development about advanced freediving techniques and equipment. You’ll study independently using the PADI Freediver Touch™ (your instructor may conduct class sessions.)
• Confined water session to learn stretching and relaxation techniques as well as refine static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 2 minutes, 30 seconds (2 minutes for freedivers younger than 18) and dynamic apnea of 50 metres/165 feet (40 metres/130 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
• Open water sessions to practice deeper free immersion and constant weight freedives, along with additional buddy procedures and rescue techniques. Goal – constant weight freedive of 20 metres/65 feet (15 metres/50 feet for freedivers younger than 18)
Contact your local PADI Freediver Center or PADI Freediver Instructor and get the PADI Freediver TouchTM. The Touch is an interactive study tool that gives you the background information you need to freedive safely and allows you to study at your own pace. When you purchase the PADI Freediver TouchTM, it comes equipped with PADI Freediver, Advanced Freediver and Master Freediver course materials.